Your Gift will Make a Real Difference Where You Can See the Results
How Can You Help?
You can make a difference for those who live here now and those to come while maximizing your tax deductions. Below are just a few ways you can give.
- Give Directly. Mail your gift to Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust, 3/0 Midland States Bank, 302 First Ave., Sterling, IL 61081; or donate online using the Donate button below.
- Amazon Smile. If you’re shopping online for things you can’t purchase locally, login to Amazon Smile, choose the Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust as your charitable organization, and a percentage of your purchase will be donated directly to Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust.
- Thrivent Financial. Do you have insurance or investments with Thrivent? If so, ask your agent how to use Choice Dollars or Action Teams to donate to the Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust. Contact your Thrivent Financial advisor for details.
- Company Match. Many companies match employee donations. Contact your company to find out what is offered.
- Network With Us. Like and share Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust on Facebook,and let others know about the services we provide.
Matching Fund Grants
To encourage contributions, the Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust has established a matching grant program. Each donation of $1,000 up to a maximum of $10,000 will be matched at 25 percent. For example, a contribution of $1,000 becomes $1,250. The total available for all grants is limited, and the program may be discontinued at any time at the sole discretion of the Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust Board of Trustees.
Choices in Giving
Choose A Type Of Fund
We offer a variety of funds that are flexible to meet our donors’ different charitable needs:
- Unrestricted Funds offer the broadest giving option, allowing grants to be made to wherever our Board of Trustees determines our community’s needs are the greatest.
- Field-Of-Interest Funds create grants that meet needs in a particular field or geographic area that is of interest to you.*
- Donor-Advised Funds enable you to recommend specific organizations to receive grants.*
- Scholarship Funds help students pursue academic goals. You may be assured that grants to these groups remain relevant over time and responsive to changing circumstances.*
*Minimum needed to establish a named or donor-advised fund is $25,000.
Your Choices In Giving
Your gift to the Sterling-Rock Falls Community Trust will be invested wisely to provide maximum returns with safety. Almost any kind of asset can be used to start your fund (subject to minimum requirements), such as:
- publicly traded securities,
- private foundation assets,
- retirement assets,
- charitable gift annuities,
- deferred charitable gift annuities, and
- beneficiary designation of life insurance policies.